11/28/2008

Week 9 * Things 17 & 18

Well, I going to skive out of this one by referring to a wiki for which I am already the wikiwizard, "The Cormorant's Rock"*. We have used it for two years now to organize** my family reunion. I have taken this opportunity to update the info, such as it is, and will be adding some new documents from last summer's gathering as soon as they arrive in my in-box. But, since wikis are already in my Happy Place, I will forge ahead to Thing 19 and it's friends.

*The name comes from the English translation of the name of the large rock/tiny island which is the site of Castle Stalker, the traditional seat of Clan Stewart of Appin. The Gaelic, "Creag an Sgairibh" is also the clan war cry, which you can hear at any highland games or Burn's Night supper with clan members in attendence.

**The term "organized" is used here in the very broadest sense.



No comments: