2/22/2008

Week 4 * Things 8 & 9

I'm not sure that being familiar with RSS techniques is going to make me a better person. Now that I know that the news feed from Topix on my town includes the local arrest reports from the state police, how will I ever be able to delete it from my bookmarks, even after this project is over?
I have never been a model of self-discipline.

Plus, trying to get a feed from this blog is making me use bad words in front of my children. I realize that no one in their right minds would want a feed from my blog -- but you guys seem to all have them, so I want one too. It's the principal of the thing.

I don't know how much I'll use RSS professionally. I only have a few blogs that I visit on a regular basis and it hasn't been that much of a burden to do it in person. But maybe it would help me keep up with ALA stuff. Hey, I bet Hornbook has a website too! I think I'll go check it out . . .

No comments: